Sunday, February 12, 2017

ii. An extremely late bloomer...

Hitting puberty is painfully awkward enough, even under the best circumstances I doubt anyone would want to relive it, going through it for the second time, and at the age of 25 is downright absurd and the crazier part is I actually signed up for this. Being a 25 year old teenage boy is difficult to go through and even harder to explain, but I'll try..

I am currently undergoing Hormone Replacement Therapy or HRT, and taking weekly injections of testosterone.  The hormones will help me to physically transition from female to male. For the first 6 to 12 months while to initial changes take place I will essentially be going through puberty again, only this time as a male.

The first change you will probably notice will be my voice dropping, this usually is permanent after 3 months,  my doctor has told me not everyone gets an Adam's apple but I remain hopeful. Next the fat and muscle will redesteibute itself throughout my body so that my body shape becomes that of a male . My facial structure will change dramatically making it appear more masculine. Facial hair usually takes at least a year to come in fully but I don't plan on sporting a beard, some sideburns might be cool though.



I spent so much of my life hating myself and feeling trapped and hopeless. And it was actually on the internet that I discovered a cure to my ailment existed. T-Men before me who documented their journeys in transition gave me the hope I needed to take this step. I watched countless videos online and  still follow many transguys online who still post updates. I have chosen to share my story and document my journey in the hopes that it could help even one isolated kid just like those blogs helped me.

1 comment:

  1. Your own experience in having previously read blogs to help you and now your willingness to share those same experiences for your readers makes this an honest and accessible post.

    ReplyDelete