Sunday, February 12, 2017

I. My Humble Opinion

I've never been the sort of person who sets aside time to sit down and read the news paper, maybe it's the fact that I have terrible time management or maybe it's my inability to sit still for more than a moment, but whatever the reason may be, it's just never been part of my routine: That being said  I still enjoy reading and like to remain relatively informed on the on-goings of the world around me, hence my thorough appreciation and enjoyment of several blogs.

In my humble opinion online bloggers corner an important ever expanding genre and have become a collective voice for all the once under represented groups in modern media. I have a special fondness for several bloggers within the FTM transgender community for their posts detailing their transitions and documenting the results they expierienced from the use of testosterone hormone replacement therapy. These blogs changed my life. Because of the wide range of topics blogs spam I was able to find articles that related directly to what I was going through and that impacted me deeply. The chances of finding such an article while flipping through a Sunday paper would be nearly impossible.

Amongst the blogs directly linked I came across a few familiar titles that bring back fond memories. Two of which are "Found Magazine" and "Post Secret" I have submitted posts to both of them and viewed them on a frequent basis throughout my teenage years. I lived the anonymity of them and the intrigue of all throngs forgotten and secret.

On the opposite end of the blog spectrum is the dissapoontingly popular "Twitter" blog which in my humble opinion contains all things frivolous in the worst possible sense of the word. But what do I know? I'm just an amateur blogger myself and I would hope my readers would be positive in their assessment of my own writing.

2 comments:

  1. Your writing is honest and straightforward here. Don't forget to the use the features of writing in this medium to better engage your writing and support your points. Link to the blogs you mention so your reader can easily check them out. Support your ideas visually with images or videos, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I saw your comment on my Montana Academy testimony. Can you contact me? Ethan Schur on facebook

    ReplyDelete